*The American Sports Medicine Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
**The American Sports Medicine Institute (BOC AP#P400) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc,. to provide continuing education for Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum 1 Category A hours/CEU’s. AT’s should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
Contact Caroline May 205-918-2141 or CarolineM@asmi.org for information on CME/CEU
***Registration Fees: The ASMI Weekly Conferences are offered free of charge and don’t require registration
Objectives: These weekly sports medicine conferences are designed to provide in-depth study of sports medicine problems. At the end of the academic year, it is anticipated that participants will be able to:
1. Demonstrate significant depth of knowledge of the medical aspects of sports medicine.
2. Diagnose and treat sports medicine problems presenting on the field or in clinical settings.
3. Apply appropriate basic science tenets to the diagnosis and treatment of sports medicine injuries.
4. Relate the role of biomechanics in prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of sports medicine injuries.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of rehabilitation techniques and modalities in returning the injured athlete to competition.
For additional information contact Mike Oliver, 205-918-2161 or Glenn Dortch, 205-918-2134
Register For Event
Thursday August 11, 2022 5:30 PM CDT. Find the Zoom link here.
The ASMI Weekly Conferences are offered free of charge and don't require registration.
New Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellow Brandon Kimbrel, MD will discuss Cervical Spine Injuries